The Clear Choice Since 1986...
In 1957 Wilfred "Bo" Ruopp opened a glass shop in Albany, GA., at 1106 Gillespie Avenue. He named his business Dougherty County Glass Co. He decided to retire in 1986 and sold his business to one of his suppliers, the Dothan Glass Co., located in Dothan, AL.
The business became a part of a regional glass company with branches in Dothan, AL., Pensacola and Ft. Walton Beach, FL. Jimmy Murphy, who has been active in the glass business in the Albany area since 1973, was hired to manage the store in 1993, and continues to this day. Two other veterans in the glass industry, Mike Whitley and Darren King, joined the team along with a cadre of dedicated employees to bring about outstanding growth of this business.