Two brothers, who had previously founded Dothan Glass Co. in Dothan, Alabama, partnered with their brother, Harold Pitman, to open Pensacola Glass Co. in 1936. This followed the tradition of family involvement in business endeavors. The economic growth in the Pensacola, FL area brought great success to this business venture. In 1955, a nephew, Charles Merritt, was made the manager. In 1962, Pensacola Glass Co. was merged into the Dothan Glass Co., which had been incorporated in 1956.
This merger included stores in Mobile, AL and Panama City, FL, which were operated by other family members.
Traffic problems relating to the opening of the interstate highway connection and the need for additional warehouse space brought about the decision to relocate to new facilities at the present location, 3901 N. Palafox Street. Woody Watters, who had joined the company as the manager of the commercial contract glazing department in 1985, was made the Branch Manager in June of 1994, and his reign continues to this day.