The Clear Choice Since 1936...
Pensacola Glass Co was founded in 1936. It had meager beginnings in a shop located at 46 East Chase Street in downtown Pensacola, FL. Two brothers, who had previously founded Dothan Glass Co. in Dothan, Alabama, partnered with their brother Harold Pitman to open Pensacola Glass Co. in 1936. This followed the tradition of family involvement in business endeavors. The economic growth in the Pensacola area brought great success to this business venture.
In 1955, a nephew, Charles Merritt, was made the manager. In 1962, Pensacola Glass Co. was merged into the Dothan Glass Co. which had been incorporated in 1956. This merger included stores in Mobile, AL. and Panama City, FL. which were operated by other family members.